Working in Responsible Digital requires setting an example not only for clients but also for ourselves. We all know the saying about the cobbler’s children having the worst shoes.
So, we are proud that Sopht is now among the companies certified as “Numérique Responsable” Level 1 with the LUCIE Label and the Institute of Responsible Digital!
Confirming Sopht’s values and commitments
Acquiring this label reinforces our values and ambitions in our mission to help businesses reduce the environmental impact of their digital activities. The label represents a 2-year commitment plan to set and manage corporate goals around responsible digital practices.
What is the “Numérique Responsable” label?
Conceived by the Institute of Responsible Digital in association with the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition, WWF, and ADEME, and distributed by the Lucie Agency, the label enables an organization to be actively engaged in concrete Responsible Digital actions. It serves as proof that a company has a credible responsible digital approach.
How to obtain the “Numérique Responsable” label?
- Self-assess online and identify actions to enhance your Responsible Digital commitment.
- Conduct a certification audit of your Responsible Digital approach by a certified expert.
- Obtain your NR label – Level 1 based on a 2-year commitment plan.
Why become “Numérique Responsable” certified?
- Demonstrate that you genuinely reduce the impact of your digital practices through a certified Green IT approach.
- Anticipate regulations, as society increasingly demands accountability in these areas.
- Achieve cost savings, as the link between economic performance and CSR initiatives is well-established.
- Stand out from your competitors.
Sopht’s roadmap ahead
Sopht’s activities embody the Responsible Digital approach, and that’s why we are committed to further developing it within our organization.
Thus, Sopht pledges to develop this approach by relying on various deliverables:
1. Integrating Responsible Digital Sopht’s strategy by formalizing it in an official document.
2. Formalizing our Responsible Digital policy by creating an indicators dashboard and defining quantitative indicators related to our activities by:
- Constructing an action plan that includes contributors, deadlines, expected objectives, and priorities.
- Engaging stakeholders both internally and externally by publishing our Responsible Digital strategy on our website and regularly communicating about our NR achievements.
3. Fostering and supporting Responsible Digital competencies by:
- Raising awareness and providing training to employees on accessibility, eco-design, cybersecurity, and GDPR.
- Considering accessibility-related skills in the development of the next training plan.
4. Promoting simplicity and extending the lifespan right from the procurement phase by:
- Selecting TCO or EPEAT Gold certified equipment.
- Deepening the implementation of our providers’ and suppliers’ NR commitments through benchmarking.
5. Adopting responsible equipment management by:
- Deploying the Sopht agent on employees’ machines and identifying excessive consumption.
- Providing a guide of best practices for settings configuration.
- Creating and regularly communicating a guide of best practices.
- Identifying a partner for computer equipment repair when internal maintenance is insufficient.
- Identifying the percentage of recycled, refurbished, or donated equipment based on the type of material.
- Identifying a partner for equipment revaluation.
- Defining rules for workstation cleaning and ensuring regular compliance with best practices.
- Participating annually in the Cyber World Clean Up Day.
6. Embracing responsible infrastructure management by:
- Conducting a benchmark of engaged data centers.
- Gathering information from our Cloud provider on PUE, water footprint, and cooling methods.
- Implementing an external audit of data management and cybersecurity.
At Sopht, we created a GreenOps solution that is the perfect way to help the environment, update your digital infrastructure and improve your finances all at once. Because going green isn’t just about being environmentally conscious; it’s about saving money, too. We offer multi-cloud monitoring to rationalize your infrastructure and related costs by measuring and comparing your different Cloud Providers environmental efficiency. Our IT asset management services allow you to consolidate, organize and pilot all data related to your IT inventory (laptops, screens, smartphones, routers…) to better amortize your carbon and financial footprint. This helps us understand how your users are interacting with their devices so that you can better manage your IT assets and plan for decarbonization.
Contact us for a demo of our new end-to-end platform.