Did you know? 2 tonnes is the weight of a great white sharkbut it is also the carbon target to be reached per person by 2050 to reduce climate changes as much as possible!
To achieve this, or at least come close to it, a global and effective transition must be made, and it must involve a profound change in our development and consumption patterns.
Everyone can choose their role in this transition to reach the 2tonne target, and you will understand, 2tonne is not just about a white shark or the amount of greenhouse gases emitted per person in a CO2 neutral world.
What’s 2tonnes ?
2tonnes is an impact project, driven by common interests and reaching very different audiences, the association has chosen to professionalize itself to increase the impact and accelerate the dissemination of its workshops. In order to reach their goal, 2tonnes is split in 2 organizations:
- SSE company , 2tonnes Compagnie, develops the 2tonnes workshop and manages the distribution in a professional framework.
- Association loi 1901 , the 2tonnes Association organizes workshops for the general public which is run by volunteers, and federates the community of facilitators trough events, campaigns and seminars. All facilitators have the possibility to become members of the association.
How does it work?
The 2tonnes workshop gives participants the opportunity to explore the future and try to limit climate change by achieving the 2T per year per person by 2050.
Aimed at both beginners and experts on the subject of climate changes, it is also a serious game, designed to bring people together and debate, so that everyone can have fun while expressing their opinions.
In a few words, the workshop is divided into 5 steps:
- Calculating your footprint by carrying out an individual assessment beforehand
- A review of the current situation with a presentation of the causes and consequences of climate changes with an introduction to carbon accounting
- Simulation in the form of individual and collective actions to obtain an overview of emissions evolution until 2050
- Results interpretation from the simulation with key lessons and reflections to develop new actions
- Individual actions to be implemented with access to the workshop data to engage and become an actor of the transition
A growing movement
With more than 23,000 participants in total and 100 new facilitators trained each month, 2tonnes makes a brilliant journey, proof that wheels are in motion!
At Sopht, we created a GreenOps solution that is the perfect way to help the environment, update your digital infrastructure and improve your finances all at once. Because going green isn’t just about being environmentally conscious; it’s about saving money, too. We offer multi-cloud monitoring to rationalize your infrastructure and related costs by measuring and comparing your different Cloud Providers environmental efficiency. Our IT asset management services allow you to consolidate, organize and pilot all data related to your IT inventory (laptops, screens, smartphones, routers…) to better amortize your carbon and financial footprint. This helps us understand how your users are interacting with their devices so that you can better manage your IT assets and plan for decarbonization.
Contact us for a demo of our new end-to-end platform.